Every single podcast interview you do is an opportunity to repurpose the content into different formats and across multiple platforms and keep it rolling for years to come.
Podcasts are evergreen and when handled the right way, repurposing your podcast interviews as part of your marketing strategy that really gives you leverage and bang for your buck.
Think of this as a chance to take multiple bites of the cherry. Once your episode goes live, you can squeeze the most value out of your interview and repurpose that content for all it’s worth.
The host will love it because you are continually promoting the interview (and their show). Here are a few tips on best practices and how to get started.
Repurposing Podcast Interviews
- Outsource to a VA or use an automated system such as Trint.
- Get a word-for-word transcription with timestamps.
- Break the transcription script down into potential content.
- Repurpose your podcast interview content outlined in the transcript into quotes, blog posts, articles, new training, newsletters, and speeches.
2. IMAGES & VIDEO
- Use the behind-the-scenes pics/vids you shot before, during, after the interview.
- Use any screenshots of you and the host, recorded video to promote the episode.
3. ARTWORK & BRANDING
- When creating your own content incorporate the podcast show art.
- Incorporate any custom episode artwork created by the host.
When you repurpose your podcast interview content to create your own. Tag the host, their brand, and the show on all your posts.
A) They’ll know you are sharing.
B) You’re helping build their audience.
5. EMBED & LINKS
- Share the host generated audio first (links & embed.
- If creating an Audiogram tag the host/ show.
- Audio should be a taster and have links to the full episode.
6. SOCIAL QUEUE
- Podcast interviews are a long term content play.
- Once you create the content add it to your queue.